- GARLIC AND SAGE MARINATED CHEESES
Image and recipe courtesy | food.com
- 16 ounces logs fresh goat cheese (or 2 lb. mozzarella cheese) or 1 lb feta cheese (or 2 lb. mozzarella cheese)
- 10 black peppercorns
- 6 garlic cloves, roasted
- 4 large sage leaves
- 2 dried hot red chili peppers
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 cups extra virgin olive oil (or more, depending on the size and shape of the containers)
- TO MAKE
- ■ Sterilize two 16 oz. conatiners with lids. Set aside.
- ■ Cut the goats cheese logs crosswise into 1" thick rounds, or cut the feta or mozzarella into large cubes. Divide cheese among sterilized jars, adding equal amounts of spices and herbs as you go, being careful that the flavorings are evenly dispersed throughout each jar. Pour in enough olive oil to cover the cheese by about 1".
- ■ Using a table knife, work around the inside edges of the jars to dispel any air. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 weeks. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Enjoy - Have a great weekend!